Tuesday, October 5

Just sent my submission for the "Broadsides" exhibition


Well, I finally got it finished, and it's in the mail. No, not a check, but my submitted entry for a juried show entitled "Broadsides". Initially I had to look it up, just to determine what qualifies as a "Broadside". As best I can tell,it's more or less a poster,usually fairly small, typically printed on a letterpress.... more common in past times ... The prospectus states that

"“Broadsides,” a juried exhibition of text and image, mixed media and two-dimensional works open to artists of all ages. Broadsides: text and image works printed by hand or letterpress or with calligraphy technique."

So, using a quote by Michael Pollan (author of: 'In Defense of Food', 'The Omnivore's Dilemma', 'The Botany of Desire' and 'Food Rules') I created a simple broadside, and earlier today I sent it off to (hopefully) become a part of the exhibit. Here's a look at my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment