Saturday, January 1

New Years Day 2011

A ridiculously busy Fall... after planning an overly large Thanksgiving, I veritably went skidding into December, with a fantastic 2-day workshop in bookbinding, taught by the lovely and fascinating Book Babes, Leslie and Maggie. I loved the class, despite the fact that I was suffering from a head cold. I made the most advanced book I've attempted so far. And, quickly after that, I had to try to manage all the details of Christmas. I basically had a bit of a rebellion this time, I was already exhausted, before I even got started.

On Dec 20, T. and I left town for 10 days at the beach. Even that wasn't the relaxing holiday I had promised my self. We found several items that needed repair and/or replacement... BUT we walked on the beach EVERY morning (and one morning took the car onto a north beach, where we immediately got stuck in the sand - oops! Forty dollars got us pulled out, and we were no worse for the ordeal!! We ate seafood the entire time and of course all the holiday treats --- it's going to take a while to get back into a more normal diet. Oh yes, January will be a struggle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment